Please refer to our Terms and Conditions of Sale for full details of our policies and your rights when dealing with Kai NZ Foods Limited.
All prices listed on this website are in New Zealand dollars and payment for all Orders will be made in New Zealand dollars. Shipping and handling charges (“Shipping Charges”) which will be notified to you as part of the purchasing process prior to completing any Order. Unless otherwise specified, Goods and Services Tax ("GST") is included in all prices and Shipping Charges for Goods to be delivered within New Zealand.
We work with artisan who produce high quality food in small batches, and often only in specific short seasons (they aren’t huge factories). So from time to time it is not always possible to replenish our supplies immediately, and we are sorry if you can’t get your first choice. But we will try to substitute with a similar product. We recommend you order early to avoid disappointment (as they say … the early bird catches the worm).
Due to the limitation of space our photographs are not always to scale. So it pays to check the actual sizes - generally indicated by weight or volume in the description.
The special care we take
Kai works only with trusted suppliers with established reputations for quality in New Zealand (and often International) food market. Kai artisans are committed to providing us with the best quality products at all times. Every order is packed by hand. When necessary we use large, reusable gel icepacks to ensure your food arrives in the best possible condition
These days it is very safe to shop online. Kai uses the latest encrypted transaction systems. Whenever you shop through the Kai website we take every possible precaution to ensure that your transactions are as safe as they can be.
- We deliver Nationwide within New Zealand five days a week Tuesday through Saturday. If you would like special delivery by a certain time, please call us and let us know – we will do our best to meet your needs.
- Delivery can be made to business or residential addresses but not PO Box addresses. (We don’t have anything against Post Office Boxes - we’ve even got one). However, our courier cannot ship to them. If you do not have a convenient physical address that you can use, give us a call on 0800 524 100 and we’ll figure out a solution.
- Any Order over $250 will have to be signed for, but if you are not present when delivery takes place the courier will leave a card with details of how to obtain your Goods. All reasonable efforts are made to deliver all such Orders within Three (3) working days.
- At this time we do not ship internationally, but will do in the near future.
Normal Delivery Times
- This depends on how and when you order. Normally orders are dispatched the next working day.
- Auckland customers should receive their order within 2 working days, and usually the day after you order.
- North Island customers - you should receive your foods within 2-4 working days.
- South Island customers - you should receive your foods within 3-5 working days.
- If you have not received your delivery within these time frames please contact us.
- While we cannot reliably deliver overnight to your door in the country, we can help you to identify a suitable delivery point in your area. Typically this will be a local post shop or postal collection point where your order will be held for you to collect.
- Talk to our helpful customer service staff on 0800 524 100.
- Note: We cannot compensate you for rural deliveries that go astray! If you insist on a rural delivery, we will do our best but it will be at your risk!
Our Standard Freight Charges
They vary by weight. Higher rates are for orders over 5kg
- Auckland and Northern regions $6 - $8
- Lower North Island $8 - $10
- South Island $8 - $20
Tracking your delivery
- We will advise you via email or phone of your individual tracking number once your order has been dispatched.
- If you are worried about your delivery, please either phone us on 0800 524 100 or call Go Sweetspot 0800 467 933
- Claims for damaged goods must be made within Seven (7) days of despatch. Kai NZ Foods Ltd (“Kai”) reserves the right to replace or credit the amount for the goods being rejected for the above reason.
- “Kai” will not be responsible for any damage inflicted on any item after delivery, unless it is due to a production fault.
- Returns are not accepted if you change your mind, so please choose carefully.
In the unlikely event you need a refund on your purchase from Kai, we will meet our obligations as per the Consumer Guarantees Act. All requests for refunds must be made in writing to email@example.com for consideration. Please include the circumstances and reasoning for your refund request. We will endeavour to reply within 7 days to your request. If Kai cancels your Order, Kai will reimburse you for any payments received by Kai relating to your Order.