Omahu Valley Citrus is situated at the base of the Coromandel Peninsula in the North Island of New Zealand, between Thames and Paeroa. Omahu Valley Farm was purchased by the Marriott family in 2000 and the business enterprise, Omahu Valley Citrus, was established from there, being solely managed by Simon and Caroline, with the assistance of their family. They planted the citrus orchard in 2004 – 2006 with approximately 750 citrus trees of mainly lemons and limes and have since added a mix of Tangelos, Tangors, Grapefruit, Oranges (including Seville), Lemonade, Mandarins, Citron and other cultivars. Omahu Valley Citrus preserves were developed in 2011, and now have a range of both sweet and savoury products, all of which are preservative free and made using fruit from their own orchard. All the preserves are hand-made in small batches in the commercial kitchen on the farm, ensuing their business ethos to remain artisan in production, whilst maintaining a high standard in both quality and customer relations. Recent media exposure from both Country Calendar (November 2017 episode 39) and the Topp Country (March 2018 series three, episode six) TV series and relevant newspaper articles, have all helped to take the business to a new level.
Omahu Valley Citrus Lemon and Ginger Marmalade was one of ten NZ products included in a hamper presented to the Queen by our Prime Minister in March 2018. In addition to the orchard and citrus preserves, the Marriotts also run a small Suffolk Sheep stud, and rear beef calves. They planted 1500 timber trees, a small wetland area and riparian trees alongside the streams, as well as enjoying a couple of sheep dogs, chooks and ducks.
INTERNATIONAL AWARD - The Worlds Original Marmalade Competition in England
- 2017 Silver Awards; Omahu Valley Citrus Lemon and Ginger Marmalade, and Omahu Valley Citrus Citron Marmalade
- 2016 Silver Award; Omahu Valley Citrus Chunky Lime Marmalade
- 2016 Bronze Award; Omahu Valley Citrus Lemon and Ginger Marmalade
- 2015 Gold Award; Omahu Valley Citrus Grapefruit Marmalade
- 2014 Silver award; Omahu Valley Citrus Tangelo Marmalade
- 2014 Commended; Omahu Valley Citrus Grapefruit Marmalade
- NATIONAL Our Orange and Apricot chutney was selected for an Artisan award by New Zealand’s Cuisine magazine in 2015.